Tuesday, 19 May 2009


Okay, so I know these aren't the most inspiring photos here on my blog. However they do show another aspect of the job! We spent this weekend digging the foundations for the courtyard installation. It rained and hailed on us, but the sun did shine too. We removed 4 tonnes of wet Welsh soil, replacing it with equal quantities of concrete. It took us approximately 17 hours to complete the job. The foundations are now in and once the concrete has cured we will return to install the work, probably in about 3 - 4 weeks time. I'm looking forward to seeing this work installed and reclaiming some space in my studio!

Saturday, 9 May 2009

Swans nearing completion

Finally today I feel I've turned a corner with these. Up until now I've felt as though I was struggling with them. I'm not sure why, perhaps it's just that they're the last pieces in a long project. This has been a solid 6 months, without a break... at last I can see light at the end of the tunnel!! I hope to complete these by Tuesday next week and deliver them to the foundry for casting. Once they are out of the studio I will be able to breath again.